What's New: Abstract State Machines 1997
- 22 December 1997
- 19 December 1997
- Added the following papers:
- A continuation of a discussion of continuous-time logics
and the railroad crossing
- A semantic analysis for
VHDL-AMS, a mixed-signal extension of VHDL.
- A discussion of the use of ASMs for systems level specification.
- A specification of a
compiler for Oberon.
- An ASM specification of the
DEC-Alpha processor family.
- A specification of the notion of
dynamic objects using ASMs.
- A presentation of EDL,
an extended dynamic logic suitable for reasoning about
- A presentation of FLEA,
a multi-modal language for ASMs, and its relationship to
- 18 December 1997
- 9 October 1997
- Added an extended abstract for the verification of pipelining
in the ARM microprocessor.
- Fixed some miscellaneous missing/broken/outdated references.
- 18 September 1997
- Added a paper describing a structural operational
and an axiomatic semantics
- Added a paper describing an algorithm for finding the
weak head normal form (WHNF)
of an arbitrary term in the lambda-calculus.
- Added a paper describing the
tableau calculus for first-order predicate logic, using ASMs.
- A couple of recent papers "disappeared" from the site due to
disk problems on our FTP site; all should be fixed now. If you
still can't access something, please send e-mail to
- 25 August 1997
- 7 August 1997
- 17 July 1997
- 4 June 1997
- Updated the bibliographic references to the following papers:
- 31 May 1997
- 29 May 1997
- 28 May 1997
- 26 May 1997
- Added a paper on choiceless
polynomial time using ASMs.
- Added an updated paper on typed
- Made subtle HTML changes to most of the pages on this site
to make them more HTML-compliant (using weblint).
The changes should be invisible to most browsers; if you find
something has broken in the process, please e-mail
- 19 May 1997
- 15 May 1997
- 13 May 1997
- 12 May 1997
- 8 May 1997
- 4 March 1997
- Added a paper on the semantics of
- 27 February 1997
- 25 February 1997
- 22 February 1997
- 7 February 1997
- 6 February 1997
- Added a full paper giving the
linear time hierarchy theorems
for abstract state machines and RAMs. (The previous paper
on this site was an extended abstract.)
- 18 January 1997
- A draft version of the
1997 ASM Guide is being produced; draft sections
(subject to revision!) will be posted on the referenced page
as they become available. Please send your comments on the
new ASM Guide to
- Added a paper on a general implementation scheme for
CLP(X), based on the
- Removed an older version of the papers on
Protos-L (PAM) (current versions
of the papers are of course still available).
- Updated the paper on pipelining in the
- Moved the "what's new" entries for 1996 to a
What's New for 1996
What's New for 1995
[an error occurred while processing this directive]