Quentin F. Stout
Research Interests, Projects, Publications
- My students, collaborators, and I work in parallel computing (using supercomputers for computational science,
algorithms for abstract models, complex systems, and points inbetween); serial algorithms;
adaptive clinical trials and active learning;
random other things.
- These were needed so that I didn't Perish.
Here is an annotated list and my
- Some research projects for students, and some questions my students are working on, or have done in the past.
Some of these problems were generated by the students and were far from my expertise. However, if you're good, have some initiative, and have an interesting problem, I can help you pursue it. I can ask many questions -- you need to figure out the answers and/or tell me what the questions should be.
- Some of my students.
- Classes taught recently: Algorithms (EECS 586), Parallel Computing (EECS 587),
Theory of Computation (EECS 376), Discrete Mathematics (EECS 203)
- Parallel Computing Tutorials
- Taught at
U.S. Patent Office (USTPO), Ford Motor,
NASA, and various supercomputing and parallel computing conferences.
Here's an overview of the tutorial.
- Tutorials on Adaptive Clinical Trial Design
- Emphasizing their application to phase I,
phase I/II, and ethical clinical trials.
Here is a description of
our research in adaptive sampling.
- I do consulting in parallel computing, supercomputing,
adaptive clinical trials, and algorithms.
I've consulted for or been supported by
IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, Ford Motor, DARPA,
NSA, NSF, NASA, DOE, DoD, ..., and my students have been supported by many of these institutions as well as Microsoft, Google, Intel, AT&T, JP Morgan, etc.
I've also been an expert witness, on the winning side, and assisted with patent cases.
| Computer Science and Engineering
|| 734-763-1518 (voice)
| University of Michigan
|| 734-763-8094 (fax)
| 2260 Hayward St.
|| QStout @ umich · edu
| Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2121
If you are close enough, “Hi” is quite effective.
Copyright © 2000-2 Quentin F. Stout