- (February 2019) Very proud to be one of the recipients of the Sarah Goddard Power award.
- (January 2019) I am my father's daughter. Throughout his entire life, he loved uncovering new things. Including now, at 77.
- (January 2019) How can you spot fake news? Veronica Perez-Rosas and I talk about our research on Detroit Public TV. You can watch the episode here.
- (October 2018) I had a blast on the Freakonomics radio show. I even won the audience vote! Find here a recording of the show.
- (September 2018) I had a great time at the 50 year anniversary of the "2001: A Space Odyssey", and enjoyed drawing connections between 'science fiction' and 'science fact'. A video recording of the Tech Takeover event is here.
- (September 2018) Discover CS has started!
- (August 2018) Our research on fake news was covered by several media outlets, including University of Michigan News, Digital Trends, The Hill, The Hindu, Libertatea, Adevarul, and many others.
- (July 2018) I have stepped out of my comfort zone and started to occasionally tweet
- (June 2018) Faculty spotlight from the Business Engagement Center, on our efforts to increase diversity in computing
- (April 2018) The sound of text: a new collaboration between CSE and the School of Music will develop tools to produce musical interpretations of text
- (January 2018) TextRank: Bringing Order Into Text was nominated for the test of the time award
- (November 2017) Ada Lovelace Opera: a collaboration between CSE and the School of Music highlighting women's contributions to computing
- (October 2017) Grounded emotions: a computational quantification of the role that external factors ranging from weather to new exposure play in one's emotions
- (September 2017) New textbook on introduction to text mining
- (June 2016) New book on text mining
- (April 2016) Girls Encoded motivates students to study computer science
- (November 2015) Can a computer tell when people are lying? broad media coverage including New Scientist, Washington Press, Daily Mail and many others.