I am a PhD candidate in Computer Science and Engineering at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
I am fortunate to have Prof. Mosharaf Chowdhury as my advisor.
I am interested in Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, and Resource Disaggregation, with a focus on application-level performance improvement in the datacenters.
My recent works focus on practical memory disaggregation - making it faster, resilient, and secure for both public and private clouds.
Irina Calciu, M. Talha Imran, Ivan Puddu, Sanidhya Kashyap, Hasan Al Maruf, Onur Mutlu, Aasheesh Kolli
] Rethinking Software Runtimes for Disaggregated Memory
Hasan Al Maruf, Mosharaf Chowdhury
Preprints on Arxiv
- Research Intern, VMware Research Group, Palo Alto, CA, May - Aug, 2019
Project: User-space Memory Disaggregation for PBerry
Mentor: Irina Calciu
- 2020-11-18: Kona, My Work @VMware during 2019 Internship, Gets Accepted at ASPLOS 2021.
- 2020-09-25: Going to Serve as a Shadow PC Member at EuroSys 2021.
- 2020-08-13: Going to Participate in the Artifact Evaluation Committee of OSDI 2020.
- 2020-07-15: Leap Wins the Best Paper Award at USENIX ATC 2020.
- 2020-04-25: Leap Gets Accepted to Appear at USENIX ATC 2020.
- 2019-05-06: Going to Spend the Summer at VMware as a Research Intern.