Deep Dive Into the Cost of Context Switch
In this project, we are trying to identify the major components of the context swtich overhead on modern CPUs. We showed that data cache misses and d-TLB misses are two major contributors of the overhead. Furthermore, we showed that it requires a non-trivial effort to implement an user-level multithreading library.
- ThundaTag: Disparate Domain Tagging to Enforce Benign Program Behavior
- Shadowclone: Thwarting and Detecting DOP Attacks with Stack Layout Randomization and Canary
- Understanding the Value of Ensemble of Moving Target Defenses in Morpheus
- PowerSpy Upgraded: Location Tracking using Mobile Device Power Analysis
- An Alpha-64 Out-of-Order Processor Design