In this project, we are trying to identify the major components of the context swtich overhead on modern CPUs. We showed that data cache misses and d-TLB misses are two major contributors of the overhead. Furthermore, we showed that it requires a non-trivial effort to implement an user-level multithreading library.
- ThundaTag: Disparate Domain Tagging to Enforce Benign Program Behavior
- Shadowclone: Thwarting and Detecting DOP Attacks with Stack Layout Randomization and Canary
- Understanding the Value of Ensemble of Moving Target Defenses in Morpheus
- PowerSpy Upgraded: Location Tracking using Mobile Device Power Analysis
- An Alpha-64 Out-of-Order Processor Design