When you come to the concert, don’t turn off the mobile phone. Why?! It can be used to play music! Crowd in C[loud] is an interactive music piece where audience members are the only performers. We leverage audience’s smartphones and a cloud server to improvise collaboratively and to mingle with others.
Every member of the audience can participate in this performance using their smartphone. They will need to be connected to the Internet using 3G, 4G, or any free WiFi connection available on the concert area. The performance is not restricted to any operating system, so the users of Android and iPhone can participate and have the same experience. Also, it is possible to participate using notebook or any device that can access the Internet and open a website using the new version of Google Chrome.
- Live Coding the Audience Participation.
Sang Won Lee, Georg Essl.
In Proceedings of the International Conference on Live Coding (ICLC) 2016, Hamilton, Canada
- Understanding Cloud Support for the Audience Participation Concert Performance of Crowd in C[loud].
Antonio D. Carvalho Jr, Sang Won Lee, Georg Essl.
In Proceedings of the New Instruments for Musical Expression (NIME) 2016, Brisbane, Australia
- Crowd in C[loud] : Audience Participation Music with Online Dating Metaphor using Cloud Service.
Sang Won Lee, Antonio D. Carvalho Jr, Georg Essl.
In Proceedings of Web Audio Conference (WAC) 2016, Atlanta, United States.
- Oct. 2016 Crowd in C[loud] @ International Conference on Live Coding 2016 (Refereed), Hamilton, Canada
- Apr. 2016 Crowd in C[loud] @ Web Audio Conference (Refereed), Atlanta, Georgia