A key goal for technology is to enhance the quality of human life. What is a good life and what is a sustainable good life? A good life depends on having the following seven layers:
1) Physical and material wellness;
2) Outlets for creative expression;
3) Social and emotion connections;
4) Ability to express freely;
6) Sense of belonging and Universality; and
7) Balance in life.
If future generations can also have the ability and opportunity to enjoy these seven layers, the good life is sustainable. Our good life is anchored by four elements:
a) Nature that is “healthy”;
b) A culture that allows and encourages us to flourish;
c) Technology that allows us to expand our horizons; and
d) Mindfulness that allows us to choose our paths and stay on them.
These ideas are explored here.