- Kieras, D. E. (1993) Learning schemas from explanations
in practical electronics. In S. Chipman & A. Meyrowitz (Eds.) Foundations
of knowledge acquisition: Cognitive models of complex learning. Norwell
Massachusetts.: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Kieras, D.E. (1988). What
mental model should be taught: Choosing instructional content for complex
engineered systems. In J. Psotka, L.D. Massey, and S. Mutter (Eds.),
Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Lessons Learned (pp. 85-111).
Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Kieras, D.E., & Bovair, S. (1986). The acquisition of
procedures from text: A production-system analysis of transfer of
training. Journal of Memory and Language, 25, 507-524.
- Kieras, D.E., & Bovair, S. (1984). The role of a mental model in
learning to operate a device. Cognitive Science, 8, 255-273.
- Kieras, D.E. (1978). Beyond pictures and words: Alternative
information-processing models for imagery effects in verbal memory.
Psychological Bulletin, 85, 532-554.