EECS 501: Information about Exam #3
EECS 501 EXAM #3 INFORMATION
DATE: Wednesday December 12, 6-7:30 PM, rooms as below.
OPEN BOOK: Exam is open book, notes, problem sets.
HONOR CODE: Exam is given under the
REVIEW SESSION: Mon Dec 10, 6-7:30 PM, 1311 EECS.
- Last name begins with A-K: 1500 EECS
- Last name begins with L-Z.: 1311 EECS
- LECTURE: Fri. Nov. 2-Fri. Dec. 7 (5 weeks).
- PROBLEM SETS: #8,9,10.
- TEXT: p. 318-357, 371-407, 442-449, 468-492, and Drake
(Chapters 7,8 and 10) as assigned in problem sets.
- RECITATION: Mon. Nov. 5-Wed. Dec. 5.
TOPICS FOR EXAM #3 (not exclusive list)
Convergence of sequences of random variables:
- Convergence in probability
- Convergence in mean square
- Convergence with probability one, including Borel-Cantelli condition
- Laws of Large Numbers
- Bernoulli and Poisson random processes
- Gaussian random processes and complete specification
- Independent Increments and Markov random processes
Power Spectral Density:
- After passage through LTI systems
- Spectral Interpretation of WSS RPs
- Infinite smoothing filter