Grade Assignment in EECS 210
HOW GRADES WERE ASSIGNED IN EECS 210
- I computed the weighted sum of the exams, labs and problem sets.
For the relative weightings, see the
- I rank-ordered the weighted sums from largest to smallest.
- I looked for GAPS in the rank-ordered sums and used them as boundaries.
- I assigned grades to each cluster of rank-ordered scores between the gaps.
COMMENTS ON THE ABOVE PROCEDURE:
- Ensured no one only a few points from a higher grade.
- Score below=Exam#1+Exam#2+(1.25)FinalExam
- Maximum possible score: 100+100+125+125+50=500.
- The gaps between grades were 10-15 points or more.
- 3 students in middle of gaps; treated individually.